Renew Your Oral Health with Dental Implants
A missing tooth not only impacts your smile and self-confidence, but can also compromise the health of your jaw. Following tooth loss, the jawbone can begin to deteriorate, often resulting in more widespread tooth loss and changes to your facial structure. In combination with a custom restoration, a dental implant can prevent further bone atrophy and restore form and function to your smile. Drs. Stephen S. Garner and Thor G. Thorson work closely with a trusted oral surgeon to place and restore dental implants at their Yuma, AZ, practice.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a small titanium post that is surgically embedded in the jaw. It is considered the gold standard in tooth replacement solutions. Implants are designed to mimic the tooth roots and provide unrivaled support for crowns, bridges, or dentures. With a strong and sturdy foundation, you will never have to worry about your restoration slipping out of place when you eat, speak, or smile.
In combination with a custom restoration, a dental implant can prevent further bone atrophy and restore form and function to your smile.
Prior to the dental implants procedure, your dentist will evaluate your overall health and the state of your smile to determine if you are a candidate for treatment. In addition to being in good health, you should:
- Not smoke
- Be free from periodontal disease
- Be willing to maintain a healthy lifestyle, including good oral hygiene and routine dental visits
- Have sufficient jawbone tissue to support implants
Depending on your oral health and the condition of your jaw, you may need to undergo preparatory procedures before you can receive dental implants. If you have sustained jawbone atrophy, we may recommend a preliminary bone graft or sinus lift. Our team can review your options and recommend the best form of treatment for your needs.
Types of Implant-Supported Restorations
We can replace one missing tooth or an entire dental arch with a custom restoration. We offer:
- Dental Crowns: An implant restored with a crown can replace a single missing tooth. Our advanced CEREC® technology even allows us to design and fabricate some crowns in our office, saving patients time and eliminating the need for temporary restorations.
- Dental Bridges: Implant-supported bridges can replace one or more missing teeth in a row. They are composed of artificial teeth (pontics) nestled between two dental crowns.
- Dentures: If you are missing a full dental arch on either the upper or lower jaw, an implant-supported denture can restore your ability to chew comfortably and enunciate with clarity. We can also coordinate an All-on-4@ treatment, in which four strategically placed implants can support a full denture.
Depending upon your needs, we can craft your restoration out of several materials, including natural-looking porcelain or durable zirconia.
Repair Your Smile
At Gila Ridge Dental, we provide both restorative and cosmetic dentistry services, allowing us to deliver comprehensive care to our patients. To learn more about the benefits of dental implants, contact our office online or call (928) 317-1900 to schedule an appointment today.
“Gila Ridge Dental is amazing! The staff is exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Dr. Garner is a wonderful dentist. He spends lots of time with his patients making sure that all questions are answered and everything is explained. My kids love him and can't wait to visit the dentist office!” Rachel