Our dentists may recommend night guards to help protect your smile while you sleep. Night guards are frequently used to help manage bruxism (teeth grinding) or TMJ disorders, and they are custom made to fit your mouth comfortably. To learn more about night guards in Yuma, Arizona, and schedule an appointment with Dr. Thor Thorson, Dr. Stephen Garner, please contact Gila Ridge Dental at 928-249-3673.
If we suspect that you suffer from bruxism, a night guard may be recommended to protect your teeth from becoming damaged and prevent teeth grinding. As bruxism occurs during sleep, you may not know if you suffer from the condition. Some signs to watch for include:
- Waking up with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Chronic pain in the jaw, face or ear
- Frequent migraines and tension headaches
- Extremely worn-down tooth enamel
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to flattened, chipped or cracked teeth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Heightened tooth sensitivity
If you notice any of these signs, a night guard may be right for you. Your night guard will be custom made for ideal fit and effectiveness. Please contact our dental office today for more information and to schedule your next appointment.